Thursday, December 08, 2005

milemarker,lords, saviours, show reviews


Wow, I guess metal is back, The Saviours out of Oakland, Ca opened the show with five long completely orchestrated metal songs. It was tight musically and yes very loud. Local band Humans follwed and they were bright happy jangly pop. Then the lords came on stage. I had heard so many good things about this band I wasn't sure what to expect. They blast through their metal with insane speed and ambition and had me dancing for the first time in a while.

Finally Milemarker came on. I first saw Milemarker way back in chapel hill around 1998. They were a three piece then and they played your basic post hardcore stuff. I then later opened for them in 2000 at the greenville hardcore fest when they were a crazy 5-6 piece. They've retained that mass ensemble thing even though many of the members are different. Their set was good as they blasted through their anthems and they had two drummers playing pretty much in unison through the entire show. pretty neat stuff for the cold winter night.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home