Monday, September 11, 2006

the proposition


Well, who knew that Nick Cave could write movies? This is a western, set in Australia, that is as good as any western of the past twenty years. Tightly paced with plenty of wide angle shots and great acting by Guy Pearce, Ray Winstone and John Hurt.
Very gorey violence, so go prepared for that. It's funny this is a limited theatrical release. It definetly is more of a bigscreen movie than say Beerfest. but oh well America pays for what plays.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica C. White said...

wow, comparing the proposition with beerfest.... you're right. how does that crap get on the big screens and we're left to hunt down the truly amazing movies like this one?

i really like the sound it makes when a spear goes through a man's chest. thwouk!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Preston said...

Truthfully, I hate to sound like a college frat guy who has no respect for true cinema; however, if you haven't seen beerfest you needn't not judge. It is hilarious. And I don't drink, so its not like that.
Nevertheless, let me reprove my overidealism by noting that I refuse to pay $7.50 to see any sequel, including those I want to see. I am sick of Hollywood capitalizing off of prior success.

12:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home