Saturday, June 10, 2006

Comic Book I-Con review


We just got back from Comic Book I-Con in Des Moines, Iowa and it is a nice well lit, smaller sized one day comic book con, which is a nice alternative to the larger Wizard World. The con is basically a dealers room, with a small gaming area to the side and a room set aside for panels and video's. We watched the Star Wars fan film reign of the fallen which was very good for a fan film, and had pretty decent acting. Also sat through a Q and A with Steve Gonsales of the Sci-Fi channel's Ghost Hunters show, and he offered something for fans of the paranomal. I once again spent more on admission ( a very nice $5) than i did on merchandise( $3 for a bishop and cable minimate set), so I guess I just enjoy the experience more now than the hunt for the bargain comics. Oh well. Jessica bought some mini comics and made some connections for her Zine Vending Machine she is running on the U of I campus. Good small size con for the two hour drive. And probably just the right size for a Iowa Comic-Con.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home