Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial day.

Beat Halo today, fitting since it's memorial day. In all seriousness, I have actually thought about today's Memorial day more than any other year of my life. I am proud of our troops. I'm just not that proud of our government. Let's remember the people who have died serving our country, not 'for' our country. Because exactly what are the people in Iraq dying 'for'?
I hope they come home soon. One day of rememberance does not justify our current losses. And make no doubt, these soilders, even the ones who make it home, will not be the same. They all have and are sacrificing every day. I just hope the people who sent them there can live with that. Obviously they can. And that's sad.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica C. White said...

thanks for reminding us - it's not just another day at the beach

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home